From Nairobi to Hong Kong and Dubai to Los Angeles, the world is mourning the sudden demise of the 'King of Pop', 'Wacko Jacko', 'Moonwalker'
Michael Jackson who was due to perform 50 farewell concerts in London beginning next month had suddenly passed away in Los Angeles due to what many believed as heart attack.
He was 50.
1958 - 2009
News of Michael Jackson's death exploded the Internet last night (5.00am Malaysian time), crashing websites and causing Twitter to grind to a halt.
- Actress Elizabeth Taylor, one of Jackson's closest and longstanding friends, was “too devastated” to issue a statement, her spokesperson said to People.Com.
- Michael's first wife Lisa Marie Presley, the daughter of Elvis Presley, told MTV News that his death had left her speechless.
- Pop star Justin Timberlake said in a statement that the world had “lost a genius and a true ambassador of not only pop music, but of all music”.
- “His talent, his wonderment and his mystery make him a legend.” director Steven Spielberg told Entertainment Weekly.
- "This is such a tragic loss and a terrible day," said Beyonce.
- Madonna said in a statement: "I can't stop crying over the sad news. The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever!"
- Britney Spears said in a statement: "I was so excited to see his show in London. We were going to be on tour in Europe at the same time and I was going to fly in to see him. He has been an inspiration throughout my entire life and I'm devastated he's gone!"
- Lindsay Lohan: "I'm so sad about this news...people need to respect the Jackson family's privacy..."
- John Mayer said: "I think we'll mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player. Dazed in the studio. A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us. RIP MJ."
A Tribute to Michael Jackson by Patchay.Com.