6 theme parks equal 6 thrills; 6 hotels equal 6 unique themes. It's like waking up to 6 totally different holidays.
Welcome to Resorts World @ Sentosa, Singapore.
*** *** ***
The region's most compelling integrated resort city is due for opening in early 2010, roughly 10 months from today. Here's a look at the upcoming hotels and attractions:
1. Universal Studios Singapore® is where your fantasy world begins. When completed, it will be Southeast Asia's most prominent theme park with a total of 24 new rides and attractions, including a pair of dueling coasters that brush past one another in several near misses in their aerial combat. Dinosaurs, lemurs, ogres and Egyptian mummies will add to your thrills and adventures in each of the 6 themed zones.
Universal Studios Singapore under construction [Source: Theme Park Guy]
2. The Marine Life Park will be the world’s largest oceanarium with 700,000 fishes in 20 million gallons of water. Admire the dolphins, feed some sharks or interact with reef fishes, there are certainly so much fun for the family.
A roller coaster under construction [Source: Theme Park Guy]
3. The Maritime Xperiential Museum is a large 360-degree innovative multi-sensory educational museum and theatre. At the theatre, visitors will "board" an Arabia-bound ship that docked in Singapore 1,100 years ago. The ship ran into an ocean storm, and eventually the ship and its crew sank to the ocean floor...
Photo May 2009_1 [Source: The big-dog]
4. The Equarius Water Park will be amongst the world's most exciting water theme parks. A thrilling water slide that takes you on a wet and wild ride through tree tops and jungle greenery; "Snakes and Ladders" where water cannons defy gravity; jungle pavilions beneath the verdant forest and a surf pool.
The Festive Walk, Resorts World @ Sentosa
5. The FestiveWalk will be home to roving shows of lights, lasers, fire, water and special effects. It is the greatest place to meet, shop, dine, or drink and party. Be entertained by some of the world’s most spectacular street shows such as the magnificent Crane Dance at the waterfront tip.
Photo May 2009_2 [Source: The big-dog]
6. Le Vie, a purpose-built resident theatre show, is an epic delivered through powerful music, dazzling stage sets and splendid costumes. The musical acrobatic is a story of one boy’s journey to manhood as he discovers morality, sacrifice, and love. It will be put together by Mark Fisher, Pink Floyd and U2.
Hotel Michael (left) and Maxims Tower Hotel Casino (right)
7. Ultra-deluxe of Crocksford Tower (formerly known as Maxims Tower), an all-suite hotel at Resorts World @ Sentosa that overlooks the Singapore harbour and the Southern Islands. It will be home to Singapore's second Casino and the city's finest hospitality establishments.
Photo May 2009_3 [Source: The big-dog]
8. Hotel Michael, a truly boutique hotel that carries Michael Graves' signature stamp from floor to ceiling – and everything in between.
9. The Hollywood mania extends to the glamourous Hard Rock Hotel Singapore. The resort-hotel will have one of Asia's largest ballrooms.
Maritime Xperiential Museum (top) and Spa Villas
10. Sitting above the musical extravaganza Le Vie is the Festive Hotel. Contemporary and chic.
11. Sited at the fringe of a tropical rain forest, Equarius Hotel makes an ideal getaway for nature lovers and families.
Resorts World @ Sentosa, opening in 2010
12. At Resorts World @ Sentosa's Spa Villas, wake-up calls come in the sounds of waves and the beckoning of dolphins. Your ideal honeymoon stay is incomplete without pampering yourselves in the award-winning ESPA Spa Sanctuary, while catching the sunset with open sea views with your loved ones.
Singapore's first integrated resort + casino, Marina Bay Sands is expected to open earlier - in December 2009.
As Singapore's economy recovers from the global financial crisis, the city-state is hoping that Resorts World @ Sentosa alone will attract 15 million visitors in the first year of opening.