A Special Presentation
PATCHAY.COM finds out this week the Greater KL MRT project is a dream come true for commuters who are stuck in traffic jams every week days.
- Malaysia's largest megaproject and first Mass Rapit Transit (MRT) project.
- The Greater KL MRT Project is one of the key initiative identified under the government's Economic Transformation Programme (ETP).
- Project Delivery Partner (project manager) awarded to MMC-Gamuda Joint Venture Sdn Bhd.
- Project owner is Syarikat Prasarana Negara Bhd.
- Project regulator and licensing authority is Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD).
- The Sg Buloh-Kajang MRT Line is the first of at least 3 MRT lines being planned, with a total length of 150km.
- Estimated total costs of three MRT lines is at least RM36.6 billion.
- The first phase is scheduled for ground breaking in July 2011 and fully operational by 2016.
- The whole MRT project is expected to create 130,000 jobs.
- The implementation is expected to generate Gross National Income of between RM3 billion and RM4 billion beginning 2011 until 2020.
- By 2020, the MRT is expected to carry 2 million riders, serving over 11% of total travel across Klang Valley and 64% of travel in and out of KL City Centre.
Sg Buloh-Kajang MRT
- Estimated to be between 60km to 65km in length.
- 35 stations, with 11 of them incorporating park-and-ride facilities.
- Population catchment of 1.2 million, with estimated daily ridership of 442,000.
- Between 9.5km and 10.5km of the length will be underground.
- The portion that passes through densely populated area such as Damansara and KL Central Business District will be underground.
- A ride from the first to the last station will take approximately 90 minutes.
- Integration with existing KTM Komuter stations in Sungai Buloh and Kajang.
- Integration with existing LRT stations either at KL Sentral or Pasar Seni and Maluri.
- May integrate with future MRT Line stations at Pusat Bandar Damansara and KL International Financial District (KLIFD).
- Connectivity for upcoming mega urban development area such as Sg Buloh RRIM, Warisan Merdeka, KLIFD and Cochrane City.
Sg Buloh-Kajang MRT
Provisional Route & Proposed Stations (Blue Line)
1. Sg Buloh KTM ***
2. Kg Baru Sg Buloh
4. Kota Damansara Utara
5. Taman Industri Sg Buloh
6. PJU 5 (Kota Damansara Selatan)
7. Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara
8. The Curve, Mutiara Damansara
9. 1 Utama, Bandar Utama
10. Taman Tun Dr Ismail
11. Seksyen 17
12. Seksyen 16 (Eastin Phileo Damansara)
13. Pusat Bandar Damansara ***
14. UOA Damansara, Jalan Semantan
15. KL Sentral (Muzium) ***
16. Pasar Seni LRT ***
17. Warisan Merdeka
18. Bukit Bintang Barat
19. Bukit Bintang Timur
20. Pasar Rakyat (KL International Financial District) ***^
21. Jalan Cochrane
22. Maluri LRT ***
23. Taman Bukit Ria
24. Taman Midah/Bukit Mewah
25. Cheras Leisure Mall, Taman Segar
26. Phoenix Plaza
27. Taman Suntex
28. Taman Cuepacs
29. Bandar Tun Hussein Onn
30. Balakong/Cheras Selatan
31. Taman Koperasi Cuepacs
32. Taman Mesra
33. Saujana Impian
34. Bandar Kajang (Kajang Stadium)
35. Kajang KTM ***
*** Probable integration with existing and future rail infrastructure.
^ KLIFD is a new megaproject located near Bulatan Pandan.