Patchay.Com has decided to bring Latest Updates on the political turmoil happening in Malaysia now.
Stay tuned to Patchay.Com as the political drama unfolds.
*Note: Viewers from feed application on Facebook, PetalingStreet.org, Google Reader and SSC Malaysia are advised to visit the main site directly: http://www.patchay.com/.
NEWFLASH (all posting in Malaysian Time GMT+8)
... ... ... That's all for today. Goodnight!
- 11.10pm: “This will be where Najib will be buried,” MB Nizar told the cheering crowd. Crowd spilling out on the street peacefully as the ceramah ended.
- 10.50pm: MB Nizar has sent a letter of appeal to the palace for His Royal Highness’ consideration to revert his decision made earlier today and to call for fresh state elections.
- 10.45pm: Reformasi! Reformasi! The people chanted in front of MB Nizar's residence. The crowd has started a signature petition for the sultan to dissolve the state legislative assembly.
- 10.30pm: The Bar Council has called on the Perak government to abide by the decision of the Perak Sultan for MB Nizar and the state executive council members to resign from their posts.
- 10.25pm: Wanita Umno chief Tan Sri Rafidah Aziz said the power transition from Pakatan Rakyat to Barisan Nasional in Perak will bring tremendous benefit to the people.
- 9.25pm: MB Nizar may address the crowd at his residence soon. The people gathered there has been praying and shouting in support of Nizar's Pakatan Rakyat government.
- 8.15pm: Datuk Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir, the Barisan Nasional assemblyman for Pangkor will become the new Perak Menteri Besar. PM Abdullah said Sultan Azlan Shah had consented to Zambry helming the state and he will be sworn in at 3.30pm Friday (tomorrow). The rest of the state executive concillors will be sworn in at 10am on Tuesday.
- 7.35pm: MT blogger Raja Petra Kamarudin, former Law Minister Datuk Zaid Ibrahim and lawyer-cum-blogger Haris Ibrahim were spotted at the MB's residence, reported The Nut Graph.
[Latest photo by TNG: Here]
- 7.15pm: Unit Amal PAS providing crowd control. MB Nizar is holed up at his official residence. The Malaysian Insider reports that preparations are being made for a new BN state government to be sworn-in tomorrow at 3pm in Kuala Kangsar.
- 7.10pm: Standstill............. Anil Netto's blog goes live: http://www.anilnetto.com/.
- 7.00pm: ### 2 postings @ SSC Malaysia Forum:
Bangsa Malaysia? forget about it! It's just a nonsense political fancy term. Day dreaming.
Bangsa Malaysia? huh, even Bangladeshi who just working 1 year can speak better national language than non-Malays. Malu.
I dream malaysian chinese can be like what BabaNyonyas did since long long time ago....chinese with local influence. a truly unique Malaysian. - [no disclosure of identity but an Umno supporter]
My comment: ...I'm a little disturbed with that sort of comments... but not too sure what he meant in the last paragraph.
A bunch of clowns! PR and BN, both also same!
Gajah sama gajah berlawan pelanduk (Rakyat) mati di tengah. - [no disclosure of identity but a Malaysian Chinese youth]
My comment: hahaha...
- 6.40pm: Minutes to the planned rally... what would be the turnout as the rain is coming?
- 6.35pm: The Pakatan Rakyat rally which was originally to be held at the MB's residence, then moved to Stadium Perak and now moved back to the MB's residence due to police block.
- 6.30pm: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah leaves Istana Kinta with MAYBE the new Menteri Besar of Perak sitting next to him.
- 5.50pm: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi arrives at Istana Kinta to pay a courtesy call on Sultan Azlan Shah. He arrives with an entourage of 9 cars.
- 5.40pm: The palace of Sultan Azlan Shah issues a statement explaining the Sultan's stand.
- 5.10pm: MB Nizar says the Pakatan Rakyat state government will not resign because it is still in power.
- 5.10pm: Pakatan Rakyat leader Anwar Ibrahim said that they want to meet the Sultan again to convince him to dissolve the assembly. He added that the Perak Menteri Besar’s refusal to resign despite the request by Sultan Azlan Shah did not mean Pakatan Rakyat was on a collision course with the palace.
- 5.00pm: Mohd Nizar tells the press conference that he would NOT resign from his post as the menteri besar. He urged the people to back his Pakatan government.
- 4.58pm: Bernama reported a new BN government is expected to be sworn in today. Najib Abdul Razak and the state BN representatives have arrived at Istana Kinta.
- 4.55pm: DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng has asked Jelapang assemblyman Hee Yit Foong to reconsider her decision to quit the party and become an independent.
- 4.50pm: In a press conference, MB Nizar says Pakatan Rakyat will appeal to the Sultan for the state assembly to be dissolved so that the people of Perak can decide on their next government. He calls BN staging a coup on his government.
- 4.45pm: The nation's Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Badawi has told Pakatan Rakyat to accept Barisan's rule in Perak.
- 4.35pm: PAS president Abdul Hadi Awang said that the Pakatan leadership fully backed Mohd Nizar's government. He added that the menteri besar will not resign unless a special state assembly session was called or fresh elections held.
- 4.21pm: The police and FRU have taken over the State Secretariat building in Ipoh. The State Secretary went to the offices of the excos and told all their personal assistants to leave immediately. FRU trucks were also seen on standby close to the main entrance.
- 2.25pm: Sultan Azlan Shah decided NOT to consent to the dissolution of state assembly and asks Nizar to resign as Perak Mentri Besar. If Nizar fails to do so, the MB post would be considered as vacant.
- 1.10pm: The cheerful MB Nizar left Istana Kinta and said that Anwar will give a press conference at 3pm at his residence.
- 12.30noon: IGP Tan Sri Musa Hassan warns of stern action against Pakatan Rakyat supporters who take part in illegal gatherings in Ipoh later tonight.
- 11.55am: Perak speaker V. Sivakumar has just left the High Court after applying to the court to declare the resignation letters of the 3 assemblymen/woman (turned independent-cum-friendly to BN) as valid and, therefore, their seats vacant.
- 11.40am: Perak Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Nizar Jamaluddin has been summoned to the palace.
- 11.35am: Najib and the 4 left Istana Kinta.
- 11.20am: Najib returned to Istana Kinta, this time with 28 BN elected assemblymen and the 4 former Pakatan Rakyat elected representatives - Jamaluddin (Behrang), Mohd Osman (Changkat Jering), Hee Yit Foong (Jelapang) and Datuk Nasaruddin (Bota) to meet the Sultan of Perak. Najib is making his case for a new government.
- 11.20am: Najib's press conference was cancelled.
- 11.00am: Najib chaired the state liaison committee meeting to discuss the Barisan candidate for the Perak Mentri Besar's post.
- 10.35am: The cheerful-looking Najib and the state Umno deputy chief Zahid left the palace.
- At 9.50am, Datuk Seri Najib Razak was seen entering Istana Kinta accompanied by Bagan Datok MP Datuk Seri Zahid Hamidi and other BN officials.
Source: Malaysiakini, The Malaysian Insider, Malaysia Today, The Nut Graph, Bernama, TheStar Online, NST Online, HarakahDaily, Anil Netto.com, AgendaDaily, Lim Kit Siang.com and other media and insider sources.
Disclaimer: The owner of this weblog and co-authors are not currently in Malaysia and we will not take responsibility in any misreporting.